Aging is a part of life, but looking your age does not have to be! Thanks to neurotoxins and dermal fillers we can not only treat the signs of aging, but we can also slow down the aging process. Everyone wants to look their best. That is why the use of neurotoxins and fillers has grown tremendously among all ages and genders. Yes, this means more and more men are receiving antiaging treatments too.
So What Are Neurotoxins?
Neurotoxins have been around for ages. Their use for cosmetics started with Botox in 2002 in the US. Neurotoxins work by blocking the signal from the nerve to the muscle; therefore, inhibiting the muscles ability to move. So what does this have to do with aging? Certain muscles in the face create wrinkles over time due to their constant movement. Which muscles am I talking about: The muscles in the forehead (Frontalis Muscle), the ones around the eyes (Obicualris Oculi/Crow’s Feet), and the muscles in between the eyebrows (11’s, frown lines/glabella). These are the most common places neurotoxins are used in cosmetics. However, there are other uses for Botox cosmetically such as: around the mouth, around the nose, in the neck and jaw, for excessive sweating and for treatment of Rosacea and acne. Botox was the first to market in the United States, but there are currently four approved neurotoxins for cosmetic use in the US.
- Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) by Allergan
- Dysport (abobotulinumtoxinA) by Galderma
- Xeomin (incobotulimumtoxinA) by Merz
- Jeuveau (prabptulinumtoxinA) by Evolus
So What are Dermal Fillers And Why Do I Care?
Dermal Fillers are mostly used in the lower half of the face to restore volume loss due to aging or to correct asymmetries of the facial structures. As a person ages we lose bone, fat, muscle, collagen and hyaluronic acid. This is what makes our lips, cheeks, and other facial features shrink and become wrinkled. Noooooo! So what can we do? We can restore these volume losses with dermal fillers, such as, Juvéderm and Restylane.
Common areas where Fillers are injected are:
- Fine Lines and wrinkles
- Nasiolabial Folds
- Marionette Lines
- Jaw Line
Difference between the two cosmetic treatments
- If we talk in simple terms then- Neutro-toxins are used to block excessive muscle movement which cause wrinkles as you age, while Dermal Fillers just fill the depressions or lines.
- If you develop any skin problem due to aging whose root cause evolves around facial expressions then a dermatologist will recommend you to for Neutro-toxins otherwise he/she won’t.
There are a few points of similarity between the two process and they are-
- Both do not require any major cut to be made in the body.
- Though they offer a natural look to your face, but they are not permanent.
Be beautiful, be you!
You can find more of the latest news from Aesthetic Industry here!